Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Prayer Requests for Follow Up

Hey everyone!

Thanks for still tracking with me. Even though camps are over now, there's still a lot going on ministry-wise here! The plan for my last few weeks (I come home August 6th) is to hang out with students I've met as much as possible. Our goal is to keep the students from camp plugged into the local church, so we are doing things like having girls' night, playing games at the church, and traveling to the sea to visit people. Kari and I are staying with Brooke and Johnny so they are around to connect with students too, as well as Polona and Marko and others from the church. We hope that the students will be able to continue hanging out together and with Christian influences after we're gone, that they will continue thinking about what they learned at camp, and that God would do great things in their lives in the next year. That being said, we still need and appreciate your prayers! These are the main requests I have at the moment:

- Servant heart: That I will have a servant heart as I finish things up here; that God will give me lots of opportunities to bless the missionaries, church, and new Slovene friends I've made before I leave; that I'll have a giving attitude, creative ideas, and encouraging words these next few weeks.

- Protection: That God will protect me and the other interns as we travel around Slovenia quite a bit, that we'll stay healthy and safe as we have throughout the trip (thank God!). Also, that God would place a hand of protection on the precious teens we've come to know and love; that over the next year as they vacation with their families, hang out with friends, and go back to school in the fall God would be with them, guiding them to Him whether they know it or not.

- Wisdom: That God would give us wisdom to say and do the right things while we interact so much with students; that we would follow His leading on things and that in His timing we'll be able to have great conversations with students and just be good examples pouring Truth into their lives.

- Love: Most of all, pray that God would help us to be love to the people around us; that the students would see a love in us that's different than the world's love. Pray that through everything love would be what shines through.

Thanks for partnering with us. Your encouragement and prayers make a difference here : )

1 comment:

  1. Am praying for ya, friend. Thanks for posting things to keep us up with what you're doing. <3

    ReplyDelete